Job description for Senior Economist
The senior economist will report to the Executive Director and assist him in a range of functions. He/ She must be able to deal effectively with other staff and with external stakeholders. He/ She will be expected to head the research programme of IIDS as well as represent Executive Director both within and externally.
The Senior Economists must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The senior economist must be able to manage small teams to deliver analytic functions in support of research operations and apply successful fund raising and networking techniques.
- Supervise and lead external socioeconomic research conducted by the institute and conduct economic analysis relevant to operational and policy issues.
- Analyze and assess economic research and economic arguments presented by stakeholders and contractors.
- Develop strategies and plans, project coordination facilitation and monitoring and assist management on economic questions that arise in the development of plans.
- Assist in general running of institute in absence of the Executive Director from office.
- The senior economist must have a graduate degree in economics, public policy or related field will be considered only if training includes graduate theory coursework in quantitative economics.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in policy related positions is strongly preferred, but applicants with extensive research experience in applied will be considered.
- Ability to write quality research proposals, lead research studies, draft research reports implement and manage research programs and activities.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a cover letter and resume (CV), including names of two references and their contact information within 15 days of publication of this notice. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by mail to IIDS, PO Box 2254, Kathmandu.